You will take the following four core modules, run in parallel:
- Molecular Biology
- Proteins and Enzymes
- Biological Chemistry
- Cell Biology
In the second year you will take six core modules and select one optional module from the list below.
- Fundamentals of Molecular Biochemistry
- Genes and Genomics
- Integrative Cell Biology
- Protein Science
- Topics in Biotechnology
- Tutored Dissertation
The third year is spent completing a research project abroad.
In the fourth year you can specialise by selecting modules and a research topic that fit your interests and career plans.
- Science Communication
- Laboratory-based research project or a literature-based dissertation
You will choose one module from each group below:
- Damage and Repair in Biological Systems
- Macromolecules in Three Dimensions
- Medical Microbiology
- Neuroscience Research
- Plant Biotechnology and Development
- Stem Cells, Regeneration and Ageing
- Advanced Topics in Immunity and Infection
- Advanced Topics in Parasitology and Vector Biology
- Integrative Systems Biology
- Mechanisms of Gene Expression
- Metabolic and Network Engineering
- Symbiosis, Plant Immunity and Disease
- Biodiversity Genomics
- Biotechnology Applications of Proteins
- Medical Glycobiology
- Molecular Basis of Bacterial Infection
- Synthetic Biology
- Systems Neuroscience
Imperial College embodies and delivers world class scholarship, education and research in science, engineering, medicine and business, with particular regard to their application in industry, commerce and healthcare.
We foster multidisciplinary working internally and collaborate widely externally.
Idiomas para extranjeros
Contacto para estudiantes extranjeros